The Importance of Your Transmission & Clutch
When it comes to truck and diesel vehicle components, your transmission is up there with the engine in importance. The transmission is a crucial component of your commercial truck, responsible for not just transferring power from the engine to the wheels via the differentials, but also optimizing the engine’s power and properly distributing things. Without a properly functioning transmission, your truck will not be able to move. That's why it's so important to keep your transmission in good working order.
Although sometimes forgotten about in the grand scheme of things when it comes to larger components like the transmission, the clutch is still a vitally important component of your truck or fleet vehicles. It's responsible for connecting and disconnecting the engine from the transmission, allowing you to shift gears and control the speed of your truck. If your clutch is not functioning properly, it can cause serious problems for your vehicle that can lead to unintended downtime and an impact on your business that you otherwise can’t afford.
Our Transmission & Clutch Services
When it comes to dealing with transmission problems, SOS Truck & Trailer Repair has you covered. We offer a plethora of services to help keep your transmission running smoothly and keep things optimized. Just some of the services we can offer your truck or fleet vehicles include:
- Transmission fluid changes: Just like the oil in your engine, the transmission fluid in your truck needs to be changed regularly to keep everything running smoothly. We recommend changing your transmission fluid every 50,000 miles or so, depending on your specific truck and driving conditions.
- Transmission rebuilds: If your transmission is experiencing serious problems, a rebuild may be necessary. During a rebuild, we disassemble the transmission and replace any worn or damaged parts. This is a time-intensive process, but it can help extend the life of your transmission and get your truck back on the road as quickly as possible.
- Transmission adjustments: If your transmission is shifting poorly or experiencing other issues, we may be able to fix the problem with a simple adjustment. Our mechanics are trained to identify and address any issues with your transmission, ensuring that it's running smoothly and efficiently.
When it comes to the transmission clutch, we offer the same level of quality we put into maintaining and repairing your transmission. Your clutch is often overshadowed by your transmission, but the former forms the vital connection between the latter and your engine. Some of the maintenance and repair services the team at SOS Truck & Trailer Repair can perform include:
- Clutch replacement: If your clutch is beyond repair, we can replace it with a new one that meets your standards while still being within warranty. We only use high-quality, OEM-approved parts from our trusted industry suppliers to ensure that your truck is running at its best and you don’t have to worry about clutch issues.
- Clutch adjustment: If your clutch is slipping or not engaging properly, we may be able to fix the problem with a simple adjustment. Our mechanics are trained to identify and address any issues with your clutch, ensuring that it's functioning properly.
- Clutch fluid changes: Just like the transmission fluid in your truck, the clutch fluid needs to be changed regularly to keep everything running smoothly. A form of brake fluid kept in a reservoir specific to the clutch, we recommend changing your clutch fluid every 50,000 miles or so, depending on your specific truck and driving conditions.
Call SOS Truck and Trailer Repair for Transmission & Clutch Repairs or Maintenance in Dallas-Fort Worth
At SOS Truck & Trailer Repair, we pride ourselves on our commitment to quality and customer service. Our team of experienced mechanics is dedicated to getting your truck back on the road as quickly as possible, and we use only the highest-quality parts and tools to ensure that your repair or maintenance job is done right the first time.
We also offer a variety of other services, including engine repair and maintenance, tire repair and replacement, and preventive maintenance. No matter what your truck needs, we've got you covered.
So if you're in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and your truck or entire fleet is in need of transmission or clutch repair or maintenance, don't hesitate to give us a call! We're here to help keep your truck running smoothly and efficiently, so you can get back to business as usual.